Adventure Curriculum for Physical Education
We created this workshop with physical educators in mind. This workshop will help them teach to standards, supply lesson plans and a sequenced curriculum, and will focus on the issues facing Physical Educators today. Adventure is a great supplement to any PE program.
- Experience a variety of activities from the Adventure Curriculum for Physical Education(ACPE) – Elementary, Middle and High School.
- Learn to connect adventure activities to specific learning outcomes, state and national standards, using the ACPE text as a guide.
- Learn age-appropriate assessment tools for use in class.
- Explore core themes of the curriculum by grade level.
- Discuss how to integrate PA’s ACPE curriculum to their specific programs.
- Experience a fun, positive and professional environment and learn how to re-create that at school.
Who should attend?
The physical educator, recreation specialist, teacher or practitioner interested in implementing all or part of PA’s K-12 Adventure Curriculum for Physical Education in a physical education, camp or recreation setting.
This two-day workshop begins at 9:00 a.m. the first day and ends by 5:00 p.m. the final day. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. the first day.
- Tuition: $325
- Meals: $30 (lunch provided in Beverly only)
Association for Experiential Education members receive a 10% tuition discount on this and all PA workshops. You must provide your membership number with registration.
Register 30 days in advance and save $20 on your tuition!
- Prerequisites: Foundational PA Workshop or equivalent (recommended but not required)
- Number of days: 2
- Graduate credit: 2 or 4
- CEUs: 1.6
How to Register
- Online: Click on the date and location you desire
- Phone: (800) 468-8898
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: Download a workshop registration form to fax. (You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file. If you do not you can download it for free from Adobe’s website.)